· As a player I will:
· Play by the rules and in the spirit of the game.
· Respect my fellow players, my coaches, the officials, my opponents and the game.
· Do my best to be a true team player.
· Remember that winning isn’t everything, that having fun, improving my skills and making friends and doing my best are just as important
· .· Acknowledge all good plays or performances, both those of my team and my opponents
· Participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
· Control my temper - fighting and mouthing off spoil the game for everyone.
· Remember that my coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
· As a parent I will:
· Remember that my child plays sport for their enjoyment, not for mine.
· Encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
· Teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel severely defeated by the outcome of a game or event.
· Make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
· Never ridicule or yell at my child, or another child, for making a mistake or losing a competition.
· Remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
· Never force my child to participate in sports.
· Never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public -I will take concerns to the proper officials.
· Respect and show appreciation for the trained volunteer coaches and other team leaders who give their time and energy to provide sport activities that help my child grow and develop.
Coaches Code of Conduct
· In addition to the proper coaching certification, every WMLA coach and assistant coach are required to sign and adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
· I, as a coach, have read and agree to abide to the best of my ability by the Wallaceburg Minor Lacrosse Association coaches code of conduct for the season.
The Thrashers are currently looking for a new President and executive to run the 2017 team.
Team President, Steve Lilley, as well as some of the executive are stepping down due to other commitments and we are looking for a team of people to continue on the Thrashers for next season and beyond.
If we cannot find anyone interested, we are going to have to unfortunately fold the franchise.
If you are interested in helping in any way, please contact outgoing President, Steve Lilley at firstname.lastname@example.org or on his cell at 519-359-5754